Headaches And Migraines

Suffering From Headaches & Migraines in Newark, DE?

Headaches are common, affecting nine out of 10 Americans. Though the frequency and severity of headaches, including migraines, varies from person to person, chiropractic care is a natural and effective treatment for alleviating symptoms. The health care team at reNu Medical & Injury Center in Newark, Delaware, offers personalized chiropractic care and other modalities to treat headaches and migraines. For an alternative and comprehensive approach to your headaches or migraines, contact the office by phone or using the online booking tool today.

Headaches and Migraines Q & A

What are headaches and migraines?

Headaches are painful conditions that affect the head or neck. There are many types of headaches, including:

  • Tension headaches
  • Cluster headaches
  • Sinus headaches

Migraines are a type of recurring headache that typically causes a throbbing or pulsing sensation on one side of your head. The pain from your migraine headache may last hours or days and may cause other symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, fatigue, and sensitivity to light. 

What triggers headaches and migraines?

There are many factors that may trigger your headache or migraine. Common headache and migraine triggers include:

  • Food
  • Environmental stimuli (noises, lights, stress)
  • Insomnia
  • Excessive exercise
  • Blood sugar changes
  • Stress
  • Poor posture

About 5% of all headaches are warning signs of a physical problem, such as whiplash, infection, or brain tumor. The other 95% of headaches are primary headaches, which include migraines, tension headaches, and cluster headaches. A disease does not cause these headaches; they are the primary concern. 

How are headaches and migraines treated?

The team at reNu Medical & Injury Center develops personalized treatment plans for the management of your headache based on headache type, the severity of symptoms, and triggers. Some of the treatments offered include:

Spinal manipulation

The team utilizes many chiropractic care techniques to improve spinal function and alleviate stress on the system. Spinal manipulation is an effective treatment option for tension headaches and headaches that originate in the neck. 

Nutrition therapy

reNu Medical & Injury Center also offers nutrition therapy to assist in alleviating headache symptoms. This may include diet modifications to help you avoid food triggers and the addition of nutritional supplements, such as a B-complex from Biogenetix Supplements™.

Exercise program

To improve muscle support and relieve stress, the team may also provide an exercise program for you to follow at home. 

Posture therapy

Good posture alleviates stress on your spine and neck and may help prevent recurrent headaches. The team provides posture therapy and ergonomics (work posture).

Cold laser therapy and massage therapy may also be part of your treatment plan to alleviate your head pain. 

The goal of treatment at reNu Medical & Injury Center is to decrease the frequency and severity of your headache or migraine symptoms.

To schedule a consultation to discuss chiropractic care and other options for your headaches or migraines, call reNu Medical & Injury Center at (302) 368-0124, or book online today.

Contact Us

Send Us an Email

Our Location

Find us on the map